Content For Email Marketing
- What is Email Marketing?
- How Does Email Work?
- What is Gmail’s Daily Limit on Sending Emails?
- Google Apps email sending limits.
- Permission For E-mail Marketing.
- 2 Types of Email Marketing.
- The Difference Between Opt-In and Double Opt-In.
- Best Platforms For Email Marketing.
- Setting up lists and web forms.
- Broadcast & Autoresponders.
- Tricks to land in the inbox instead SPAM box.
- Advanced Stuff (Open rates, Click-through rates, PPC emails, Unsubscribe hack, Profit Funnels & more).
What exactly is Email Marketing?
- Promoting your brand, or service via an email where the sender has given you permission to send you an email.
- It’s essentially any e-mail a company sends out to people, but there are a few approaches to it. E-mail marketing can be:
- Promotional emails are sent to encourage potential customers to buy a product or service or convince current customers to keep buying
- Regularly sent e-mails are meant to strengthen the relationship between the business and the customers and encourage loyalty to a product or service. Eg: ebooks, free courses, video training, coupons, contest, newsletter, webinars, demos, etc.
- Advertisements for a product or service that are placed in e-mails sent by other people or companies (typically found in “banners” above or to the side of the e-mail’s body of text)
How Email Works —
Explain the FLOW CHART on Whiteboard with the example mentioned below:
email@example.com >> firstname.lastname@example.org
When the email is sent from email@example.com Gmail checks the domain of the recipient (yahoo) and here it passes through 2 spam filter mechanisms. (Gmail & yahoo).
If Gmail >> Gmail then 1 spam filter (local delivery). This one is faster.
If Gmail >> yahoo, then 2 spam filters (foreign delivery)
Below 2 articles are just for FYI >>
What is Gmail’s Daily Limit on Sending Emails?
Google Apps email sending limits
Limit type Description Limit
Messages per day Daily sending limit* 2,000 (500 for trial accounts)
Messages auto-forwarded Messages automatically forwarded from another account; not included in the daily sending limit of 10,000
Auto-forward mail filters
Account filters that automatically forward mail 20
Recipients per message Addresses in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of a single email*
2,000 (500 external)
Recipients per message sent via SMTP (by POP or IMAP users). POP (Post Office Protocol) and IMAP (Internet Message access protocol) This includes an email sent using SMTP-relay.gmail.com or smtp.gmail.com Addresses in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of a single email* 100
Total recipients per day Individual addresses count in every mail sent; 5 emails sent to 10 addresses count as 50 recipients* 10,000
External recipients per day Email addresses outside your primary domain, including domain aliases and alternate domains 3,000
Unique recipients per day Individual addresses count once a day; 5 emails sent to 10 addresses count as 10 unique recipients* 3,000 (2,000 external, 500 externals for trial accounts)
Permission E-mail Marketing
Let’s say you’ve developed a new energy drink you’re excited about, and you want people to get excited about it and buy it.
After writing a quick, flashy paragraph about the drink and typing out a vague subject line, you search the Web for as many e-mail addresses as you can find — the more people who receive your message, the more potential you have at making more money.
Sounds easy, right? Unfortunately, not only will people probably identify your message as spam or an e-mail marketing scam and delete it, you might even be breaking the law.
One of the most important concepts in e-mail marketing is that of permission — a business must receive a customer’s authorization before sending out any promotional e-mails.
If a person receives an e-mail from a business that he never requested, chances are that e-mail is considered spam.
2 types of Email Marketing:
– Legit (Permission Marketing) >> Collect emails and building lists.
– Illegal (Spamming) >> You buy a list and send bulk emails.
The Difference Between Opt-In and Double Opt-In
- Email addresses on a (single) opt-in list are not confirmed. Anybody can submit anybody’s address to the list, and it will be there until it is unsubscribed.
- On a double opt-in list, all email addresses must be confirmed before they are added. A request for a confirmation is sent to the submitted address and the address owner must take some action to confirm that she is the owner of the email address, the address is working and she indeed wants to subscribe.
- Most often, the confirmation action is as simple as replying to the confirmation request or clicking on a link.
Best Platforms For Email Marketing
(Email Marketing Software)
- Get Response
Official email – make one from your hosting >>
For eg: firstname.lastname@example.org
An official email will have your website (domain) name after @ symbol just like the one above.
Setting up lists and web forms
Practical Inside Getresponse…..
Broadcast & Autoresponders
Practical inside Getresponse…. Show the difference between both!
Email List –
- Buy the list/data
- Build one – webinar, provide a free ebook, provide a free 7-day e-course, provide a free valuable video, sidebar of your blog, pop up, give some freebies in exchange for an email, e-commerce – give 50% discount on registration
Tricks to land in the inbox instead SPAM box
Practical e.g. of My personal welcome email…
- Always include an unsubscribing button in the footer of the email
- Make sure the email you are using has a website on the domain like email@example.com
- Do not use all capital letters in your subject line/body line
- Include fewer links and more words >> Sales email: 3 links work the best. Short email: 1 link.
- Always check your Spam score (1-100) – the spam checkers would be available with your email marketing software. Practical eg from Getresponse.
- Send a mailer from a name if possible! Company name or a person’s name! Practical
- Avoid using words like money, won, coupons, and offer (You should use these words in images)
- Email Marketing Images
- Open Rates
- Click Rates
- Unsubscribers and Complaints
- Lead Generation Emails
- PPC Emails
- Profit Funnel
The most important part of the Email is: Subject Line
- Blinder: Hey! Grab this before it’s gone / You need to watch this (curiosity)
- Presell with Benefits: Write the benefit in the subject line.
- Scarcity (Blows up open rate): Take action now before it goes away.
- Cleanup (every 3 months maybe): Remove members who aren’t opening or clicking or else it affects IP after a year or so.
Difference between URGENCY & SCARCITY
- Urgency: Time frame dependent.
- Scarcity: Something is limited (only 100) (number dependent)
INSCRIBED HACK explanation
- I will have a custom-made unsubscribe link (page). So I am having more clicks which will increase my IP reputation as well. So
- Purposes solved. I would be able to retain my subscriber most of the time and my IP reputation also increases as they are clicking on my unsubscribe link.
———————————— xxx —————————