SEO Agency Tools
When it comes to building a successful SEO agency, having the right tools can make all the difference. With the right set of tools at your disposal, you can streamline your operations, communicate more effectively with clients, and monitor and report on your SEO campaigns with greater efficiency. Whether you’re a solo consultant or part of a large team, having access to the right tools can help you work smarter, not harder. In this article, we’ll explore some must-have tools that can help you build a successful SEO agency and boost your efficiency and productivity along the way.
Tools for SEO Agency
- Client Communication and Management Tools
- SEO Monitoring and Reporting Tools
- Project Management and Productivity Tools
I. Client Communication and Management Tools
Effective client communication and management are crucial to the success of any SEO agency. Here are some tools that can help you keep your clients informed, organized, and satisfied:
Calendly allows you to schedule meetings with clients without the back-and-forth of finding a time that works for both parties. Clients can view your availability and book a meeting time that works for them.
Calendly was founded in 2013 by Tope Awotona, with the aim of making it easy for people to schedule meetings and appointments.
- Easy scheduling: Calendly allows you to schedule meetings and appointments easily without any back-and-forth emails or phone calls.
- Automated reminders: Calendly sends automatic reminders to attendees, reducing no-shows and missed appointments.
- Integrations: Calendly integrates with popular calendar apps such as Google Calendar, Outlook, and iCloud, as well as video conferencing apps like Zoom and GoToMeeting.
- Customization: Calendly offers customization options for branding, scheduling rules, and appointment types.
- Analytics: Calendly provides analytics and insights into your scheduling activity.
- Easy to use and set up
- Saves time and reduces scheduling conflicts
- Integrates with popular apps
- Offers customization options
- Provides analytics and insights
- The Basic plan is always free
- Some users may prefer more control over scheduling options
- Limited customer support
As of February 2023, Calendly has a 4.7/5 rating on G2, Getapp, and Capterra. Users generally praise the software for its ease of use, time-saving features, and integration options.
According to SimilarWeb, Calendly had an estimated 40.1 million visits in the last month.
2. Join.me (Goto)
Goto (Join.me) is an online screen-sharing app that makes it easy to conduct virtual meetings with clients. Simply give clients a link to the meeting and they don’t need to download any software.
Join.me is a web conferencing platform that was launched in 2010 by the Boston-based software company LogMeIn.
- Screen sharing
- Video conferencing
- Audio conferencing
- Recording and playback
- Meeting scheduling and invitations
- Integration with popular tools such as Outlook and Google Calendar
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- No downloads are required for participants to join meetings
- Integration with popular tools
- Affordable pricing options
- Limited customization options
- Limited feature set compared to more robust web conferencing tools
- Some users report occasional connectivity issues
- Goto – Join.me has an overall rating of 4.5/5 as of February 2023.
- Users generally praise the tool for its ease of use.
- Some note that it lacks advanced features found in other web conferencing tools.
According to SimilarWeb, Join.me has an estimated 107.1K visits in the last month as of February 2023.
Close.com is a customer relationship management (CRM) tool that is a bit pricey, but it has all the features you need to manage your client relationships effectively. One of the best things about close.com is that it creates a searchable database of client information that you can customize to your needs.
Close.com was founded in 2013 by Steli Efti and Nick Persico. The company is headquartered in California, USA, and offers a sales communication and customer relationship management (CRM) platform for businesses of all sizes.
- Sales communication tools like calling and emailing directly from the platform
- Advanced reporting and analytics to track team performance and identify trends
- Automated lead and opportunity management with customizable pipelines
- Integrations with popular tools like Zapier, Slack, and Google Suite
- Customizable sales workflows and sequences
- Efficient communication features for sales teams
- Automated lead management streamlines the sales process
- Customizable workflows and pipelines for tailored sales strategies
- Detailed reporting and analytics for better insight into team performance
- Expensive compared to some other CRMs
- The steep learning curve for new users
- Limited mobile app features
- As of February 2023, Close.com has a 4.7/5 rating on Getapp.
- Users praise the platform for its effective sales communication tools, customizable pipelines, and in-depth analytics.
- Some users note that the learning curve can be steep for new users, and the platform is more expensive than some other CRMs.
According to SimilarWeb, Close.com has an estimated 954.2K visits per month as of February 2023.
Salesforce is cloud-based CRM is the industry standard and integrates with a wide range of other apps. With Salesforce, you can manage your sales pipeline, track customer interactions, and automate many routine tasks.
Salesforce was founded in 1999 by Marc Benioff and a group of software developers with the goal of providing businesses with a cloud-based, customer relationship management (CRM) software solution.
- Lead and opportunity management
- Customizable dashboards and reports
- Marketing automation tools
- Mobile app for iOS and Android devices
- Integrations with third-party applications
- Comprehensive CRM solution with a wide range of features and tools
- Customizable to meet the specific needs of businesses of all sizes and industries
- Intuitive user interface and excellent customer support
- Robust security and data protection measures
- Expensive, especially for small businesses
- The steep learning curve for new users
- Limited functionality for some features, such as email marketing
As of February 2023, Salesforce has a 4.4/5 rating on Getapp and Capterra. Users generally praise the software for its versatility, customizability, and wide range of features. However, some users have noted that the platform can be difficult to learn and navigate.
According to SimilarWeb, Salesforce.com had an estimated 91.7 million visits last month.
5. Infusionsoft (keap.com)
Infusionsoft This all-in-one tool combines CRM, email marketing, and e-commerce features. While it can be a bit overwhelming at first, it’s a powerful tool for managing all aspects of your client relationships.
Infusionsoft was founded in 2001 as a small business software company. It has since grown into a popular all-in-one CRM, marketing, and sales automation platform.
- Marketing automation: create and automate marketing campaigns using email, SMS, social media, and other channels.
- Sales automation: manage leads and automate sales processes with customizable workflows and pipeline management tools.
- CRM: track and manage customer data, including contact information, interactions, and purchase history.
- E-commerce: create and manage online stores, track orders, and process payments.
- Analytics: measure the success of your marketing and sales efforts with customizable dashboards and reports.
- Comprehensive all-in-one solution for small businesses
- Powerful automation features for marketing and sales processes
- E-commerce capabilities enable businesses to sell products and services online
- Customizable analytics and reporting provide valuable insights
- Can be expensive for small businesses
- The steep learning curve for new users
- Limited integration options with other software and platforms
- Keap.com (Infusionsoft) has a 4.1/5 rating on Getapp.
- Users generally praise the software for its powerful automation features an all-in-one solution
- Some criticize its cost and steep learning curve.
According to SimilarWeb, Infusionsoft had an estimated 5.1 million visits in the last month.
Olark is Live chat software that can help you provide fast and responsive customer support to your clients. This can be especially helpful for addressing small issues or questions that come up throughout the day.
Olark is a live chat software that was launched in 2009 by Ben Congleton, Zach Steindler, Roland Osborne, and Karl Pawlewicz. The company is based in San Francisco, California, and has over 10,000 customers worldwide.
- Real-time chat: Olark allows businesses to engage with their customers in real-time through chat, helping to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Customization: The software can be customized to match the branding and style of the business, including logos, colors, and fonts.
- Automated messages: Businesses can set up automated messages to provide customers with quick and helpful responses to common questions or concerns.
- Integrations: Olark integrates with a variety of other tools and platforms, including Salesforce, HubSpot, and Slack.
- Reporting and analytics: The software provides detailed reporting and analytics on chat activity, allowing businesses to track key metrics such as response time, customer satisfaction, and more.
- Easy to set up and use
- Provides real-time customer support
- Customizable to match the brand style and messaging
- Offers a range of integrations with other tools and platforms
- Provides valuable reporting and analytics on chat activity
- May not be suitable for larger businesses with high chat volumes
- Limited customization options for automated messages
- No option for video or audio chat
As of February 2023, Olark has a 4.5/5 rating on Getapp. Users generally praise the software for its ease of use, quick setup time, and robust feature set.
According to SimilarWeb, Olark has an estimated 170.2K visits last month.
Insightly is a popular CRM that integrates with Gmail and other tools to help you manage your client relationships more effectively. With Insightly, you can track your sales pipeline, manage projects, and automate many routine tasks.
Insightly is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform designed to help businesses manage their customer interactions, sales, and projects. It was founded in 2011 and is based in San Francisco, California.
- Contact and lead management
- Sales and pipeline management
- Project management
- Marketing automation
- Reporting and analytics
- Mobile app
- Offers a wide range of features for managing contacts, sales, and projects
- Integrates with many other popular business applications, such as Gmail, Microsoft Office, and Mailchimp
- Provides automation features to streamline repetitive tasks and workflows
- Offers customizable reporting and analytics features
- Has a mobile app for on-the-go access to your data
- Can be difficult to set up and configure for some users
- Some users have reported slow performance and glitches with the software
- Pricing can be high for larger teams and organizations
- As of February 2023, Insightly has a 4.0/5 rating on Getapp. Users generally praise the software for its wide range of features, ease of use, and customer support.
- Some users have reported issues with slow performance and difficulty setting up the software.
According to SimilarWeb, Insightly has an estimated 714.5K visits per month.
II. SEO Tracking and Reporting Tools
Tracking your SEO campaigns and reporting on your progress is essential to demonstrating the value of your services to clients. Here are some tools that can help you monitor and report on your SEO campaigns:
1. Authority Labs
This rank-tracking tool is one of the best on the market, and it also has an API that lets you integrate it with other tools. With this tool, you can track your rankings across multiple search engines and get alerts when your rankings change.
Authority Labs was founded in 2008 as a search engine optimization (SEO) tool that helps users track keyword rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Daily and on-demand ranking updates
- Keyword tracking for desktop and mobile search
- Competitor tracking
- Google Analytics integration
- Customizable white-label reports
- Easy to use
- Provides accurate and up-to-date keyword rankings
- Allows users to track both desktop and mobile search rankings
- Customizable white-label reports are helpful for agencies
- Pricing may be too expensive for some users
- Limited integration with other tools
- As of February 2023, Authority Labs has a 4.8/5 rating on Getapp.
- Users praise the tool for its ease of use, accurate ranking data, and helpful reporting capabilities.
According to SimilarWeb, Authority Labs has an estimated 25.9K visits last month.
2. Raven Tool
This all-in-one tool is great for generating reports on your SEO campaigns and giving clients their own login to track their progress. Raven Tools can perform on-site audits, track links and rankings, and more.
Raven Tools was founded in 2004 by Jon Henshaw and started as an SEO agency. In 2007, they launched their software platform which has since evolved to include a suite of tools for SEO, PPC, social media, content management, and reporting.
- Website Audits: Conduct site audits to identify technical SEO issues, on-page optimization opportunities, and the overall health of your site.
- Keyword Research: Find the best keywords to target with keyword research tools and keyword rank tracking.
- Backlink Analysis: Analyze backlinks to your site and your competitors to identify new link-building opportunities.
- Competitor Analysis: Analyze your competitors’ strategies, traffic, and ranking to stay ahead of the competition.
- Reporting: Create custom reports for clients that showcase your work and progress.
- A comprehensive suite of tools for all aspects of digital marketing.
- Easy to use interface.
- Customizable reports for clients.
- Some features can be slow and clunky.
- Some users have experienced bugs and glitches with the software.
- Can be expensive for small businesses.
- As of February 2023, Raven Tools has a 4.1/5 rating on G2 and a 4.3/5 rating on Capterra.
- Users generally praise the software for its comprehensive toolset, customizability, and helpful customer support.
- Some users have reported issues with the user interface and glitches.
According to SimilarWeb, Raven Tools has an estimated 30.4K visits last month.
3. Data Studio
Data Studio: This free tool from Google lets you create custom reports using data from multiple sources. With Data Studio, you can create attractive and informative reports that show your clients the results of your SEO campaigns.
Google Launched Data Studio in 2016 It’s a free data visualization and reporting tool. It allows users to connect to a variety of data sources, including Google Analytics, Google Ads, and non-Google databases, to create interactive and customizable reports and dashboards.
- Connects to a wide range of data sources, including Google Analytics, Google Ads, and non-Google databases
- Provides a drag-and-drop interface to build custom reports and dashboards
- Enables collaboration and sharing of reports with team members and clients
- Offers advanced customization options, including adding CSS styling to reports
- Provides free access to the platform, with the option to upgrade to a paid version for additional features and support.
- Free and user-friendly platform
- Offers a wide range of customization options for reports and dashboards
- Enables collaboration and sharing with team members and clients
- Provides real-time data updates and automatic report refreshing
- Integrates seamlessly with other Google tools and services.
- Limited support for advanced analysis and modeling
- Some users may find the interface overwhelming and confusing, especially when working with large data sets.
- As of February 2023, Google’s Data Studio has a 4.5/5 rating on Getapp.
- Users praise the platform for its ease of use, flexibility, and customizability.
- Some users report challenges with connecting to certain data sources and the lack of advanced modeling features.
According to SimilarWeb, Data Studio has an estimated 14.6 million visits last month.
III. Project Management and Productivity Tools
Running an SEO agency involves managing multiple projects and tasks at once, which can be challenging without the right tools. Here are some project management and productivity tools that can help you stay organized and productive:
Asana is a popular project management app that’s great for organizing tasks, collaborating with team members, and tracking progress. With Asana, you can create tasks, assign them to team members, set due dates, and more.
Asana was founded in 2008 by Dustin Moskovitz and Justin Rosenstein, both former Facebook employees. The software was released publicly in 2011 and has since grown to become a leading project management tool for businesses of all sizes.
- Task and project management: Organize your tasks and projects in one place and track progress in real-time.
- Team collaboration: Assign tasks to team members, communicate with them and share files.
- Timeline view: Visualize project timelines to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Integrations: Connect Asana with other apps and tools, including Slack, Trello, and Google Drive.
- Mobile app: Access Asana on the go using the mobile app.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Customizable views and templates
- Robust feature set
- Comprehensive task management capabilities
- Excellent customer support
- Limited reporting features
- Can be difficult to use for large projects with many subtasks
- Limited customization options for task notifications
- As of February 2023, Asana has a 4.5/5 rating on Getapp. based on over 11.9K reviews
- Users generally praise the software for its ease of use, robust feature set, and team collaboration capabilities.
According to SimilarWeb, Asana had an estimated 46.0 million visits in the last month.
Trello is a simple and flexible project management app that’s great for visualizing your tasks and workflows. With Trello, you can create boards, lists, and cards to represent your tasks and projects. You can also add comments, attachments, and due dates to each card.
Trello was created in 2011 and was later acquired by Atlassian in 2017. It is a popular web-based project management tool that uses a card-based system to help users organize and prioritize tasks.
- Board-based organization: Trello uses boards to help users organize tasks and projects.
- Card-based system: Users can create cards for individual tasks, which can be moved between boards and customized with labels, due dates, checklists, and attachments.
- Collaboration tools: Trello allows users to share boards with team members, assign tasks, and add comments.
- Automation: Trello offers automation features, such as the ability to automatically move cards between boards or add due dates to cards.
- Mobile apps: Trello has mobile apps for iOS and Android, which allow users to access their boards and tasks on the go.
- Simple and easy to use: Trello’s card-based system is intuitive and easy to learn.
- Customizable: Trello’s boards and cards can be customized to fit individual workflows and preferences.
- Collaboration tools: Trello makes it easy to collaborate with team members and share information.
- Mobile apps: Trello’s mobile apps make it easy to access boards and tasks from anywhere.
- Limited features: Trello’s features are relatively basic and may not be suitable for more complex projects.
- Visual clutter: Some users may find Trello’s card-based system to be visually overwhelming.
- Limited privacy options: Trello only offers a limited number of privacy options for boards and cards.
- Trello has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on over 22.3K reviews.
- Trello has generally positive reviews, with users praising its ease of use, flexibility, and collaboration tools.
- Some users have criticized its limited features and visual clutter, however.
According to SimilarWeb, Trello had an estimated 90.5 million visits in the last month.
Slack is a team communication app that’s great for staying in touch with team members and clients. With Slack, you can create channels for different projects or teams, share files and links, and even make voice or video calls.
Slack is a cloud-based team collaboration software that was launched in 2014. It was developed by Stewart Butterfield and his team at Tiny Speck, a gaming company that developed the game Glitch.
- Channels – organize communication by topic or team, and keep discussions focused.
- Direct messaging – quickly communicate with team members one-on-one.
- Integrations – connect with other apps and services to streamline workflows.
- File sharing – easily share files and collaborate on documents within the platform.
- Customization – personalize the interface, notifications, and other settings to fit your team’s needs.
- Easy to use and learn
- Allows for seamless collaboration and communication among team members
- Offers a wide range of integrations with other tools and services
- Customizable notification settings
- Offers voice and video calls
- Can be distracting and overwhelming for some users
- Can be expensive for larger teams
- Some users may find the interface cluttered or confusing
- Slack has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, based on over 22.8K reviews.
- Users praise the software for its ease of use, flexibility, and ability to streamline communication and collaboration.
- Some users noted that the software can be distracting and lead to information overload if not used properly.
- Others noted that the pricing can be expensive for larger teams.
Slack receives an estimated 114.1 million monthly visits to its website.
4. Get Harvest
Get Harvest is a time-tracking app that can help you keep track of billable hours and improve your productivity. With Get Harvest, you can track your time on different tasks and projects, create invoices, and generate reports.
Get Harvest was founded in 2006 and is a time-tracking and invoicing software company that helps businesses manage their projects, time tracking, and invoicing in an efficient and streamlined way.
- Time tracking and invoicing: Get Harvest allows users to easily track time spent on projects and generate professional invoices based on that data.
- Project management: The tool offers powerful project management features, including task lists, project budgets, and team schedules.
- Reports and analytics: Get Harvest provides detailed reports and analytics on project progress, team performance, and financials.
- Integrations: The tool integrates with a wide range of other productivity and project management tools, including Slack, Trello, and Asana.
- Mobile app: Get Harvest offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, enabling users to track time and manage projects on the go.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- Offers a free plan for up to two projects
- Integrates with popular project management tools
- Offers a mobile app for time tracking on-the-go
- Offers a 30-day free trial of the paid plans
- Pricing can be expensive for larger teams
- Limited functionality compared to more advanced project management tools
- Limited customization options
Get Harvest has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Getapp, based on over 538 reviews. Users praise the software for its ease of use, customer support, and integration with other tools. Some users noted that the software could be more customizable and have more advanced features.
According to SimilarWeb, Get Harvest receives an estimated 828.8K monthly visits to its website.
FRESHBOOKS is an all-in-one invoicing, time tracking, and accounting app that’s great for small businesses. With Freshbooks, you can easily create invoices, track your time, and manage your expenses.
Freshbooks was founded in 2003 and has since grown into a leading invoicing and accounting software for small businesses and freelancers.
- Invoicing and billing: FreshBooks makes it easy to create and send invoices to clients, track time and expenses, and get paid online through various payment options.
- Time tracking: The platform offers a built-in time tracker to help you track time spent on projects, and billable hours, and generate reports.
- Expense tracking: You can easily capture expenses and receipts, categorize them, and attach them to invoices.
- Financial reporting: FreshBooks provides detailed financial reports such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and tax summaries to give you a clear picture of your business performance.
- Integrations: FreshBooks integrates with various third-party tools such as PayPal, Stripe, G Suite, Trello, and others to streamline your business processes.
- User-friendly interface. Even if you have no experience with bookkeeping or accounting, you can easily navigate the app and manage your finances.
- Freshbooks also offers excellent customer support, with phone, email, and chat support available 24/7.
- The main drawback of Freshbooks is its pricing.
- Users have reported issues with the software.
- Slow loading times and glitches.
According to Getapp, Freshbooks has an “Excellent” rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on over 4.1K reviews.
According to Similarweb, Freshbooks has an estimated 4.1 million monthly visits to its website.
BENCH is a bookkeeping service that can help you manage your finances and stay on top of your taxes. With Bench, you’ll get a dedicated bookkeeper who can handle your monthly bookkeeping, prepare your financial statements, and answer your questions.
Bench was founded in 2012 and has since grown into one of the leading bookkeeping services for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Personalized support and a dedicated bookkeeper for your business
- Automatic syncing with your bank accounts and other financial accounts
- Tax-ready financial statements for filing taxes at year-end
- Integration with popular e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and Amazon
- Monthly financial statements and visual dashboards to track performance
- The advantage of using Bench is that it takes the hassle out of bookkeeping.
- You don’t need to worry about tracking expenses, reconciling accounts, or generating financial statements – Bench does it all for you.
- Bench offers transparent pricing and no hidden fees.
- The main downside of using Bench is that it can be more expensive than other bookkeeping services.
On Getapp, Bench has an “Excellent” rating with 4.7 out of 5 stars based on over 283 reviews. Customers praise Bench for their user-friendly platform, excellent customer service, and professional bookkeeping services.
According to Similarweb, Bench had an estimated 679.9K visits in the last month.
Building a successful SEO agency requires not only expertise in search engine optimization, but also effective communication, client management, and project management skills. By utilizing the right tools, you can streamline your workflow, stay organized, and deliver high-quality services to your clients. From scheduling appointments to tracking time, the tools mentioned in this article can help you manage your SEO business effectively and efficiently. By leveraging these resources, you can take your SEO agency to the next level and achieve long-term success.